EDGI and Beat
EDGI is partnering with Beat, the UK’s eating disorder charity, which exists to end the pain and suffering caused by eating disorders. Beat works directly with sufferers and their families, using that experience to highlight the challenges those affected face and campaign for change.
Beat’s support services
You are never alone with your eating disorder. Beat’s support services are here for people who have or are worried they have an eating disorder, as well as others affected, such as friends or family members.
Beat’s services include:
- Online support
- Peer coaching
Beat’s Helplines are free to phone and open 365 days a year: 12 – 8pm Monday to Friday and 12 – 4pm Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays. Calls to Beat’s Helpline won’t appear on your itemised call lists.
Beat’s Helpline Advisors can be contacted by:
- Adults: 0808 801 0677
- Students: 0808 801 0811
- Under-25s: 0808 801 0711
- Adults: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students: email@example.com
- Under-25s: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. One-to-one webchat: accessed via Beat’s support portal.
You can read more about by visiting their website.
Beat’s online peer support
Beat also provides online support groups where individuals can share their experiences with their peers. Groups run daily, with open groups for individuals and carers, and themed groups dedicated to a particular eating disorder or group:
Daily open groups:
- 7 – 8pm – The Nest (Daily support)
Themed groups 7 – 8pm:
- Monday: Swan (Anorexia support)
- Tuesday: The Aviary (Carer support)
- Owl (Student support)
- Wednesday: Kingfisher (Bulimia support)
- Thursday: Dove (Over 18s support)
- Phoenix (Under 18s support)
- Friday: Nightingale (Binge eating disorder support)
- Sunday: The Aviary (Carer support)
You can access Beat’s online support groups here.
Beat actively campaigns for better services and treatment of anyone affected by eating disorders.
Beat can only work towards their vision with the kind and generous support of their donors and fundraisers. Whether it’s making a regular gift, getting involved in a challenge event, or raising money in your community, visit their website to find out how you can support Beat.